New! Absence Request Feature on Infinite Campus
We are excited to introduce a convenient new way to report student absences to your school! The Absence Request tool in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal allows you to report your student’s absence online with just a few clicks. This can be done using your desktop computer or the Parent Portal app on your mobile device.
Entering an absence request is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
- Select your child’s profile.
- Navigate to the Absence Request section.
- Fill in the required information, including the date and reason for the absence.
- Submit your request.
Visit this Absence Request Guide for detailed information on how to report absences.
Per the student handbook, students who know they will be absent for a reason other than a school-sponsored trip or school-sponsored activity must have a parent notify the school’s office in advance of the absence. This notification can be provided using the Absence Request tool outlined above, or by phone call, e-mail, or written note.
Meet The Teacher and Meet a New Job!
Do you love working with kids? Do you want to work at your child’s school? Or how about being a part of an amazing staff family? We’ve got an opportunity for you!
Monday, August 21, is Meet the Teacher night at all Ankeny elementary schools, and you’re invited to participate in onsite interviews for paraprofessional openings in our elementary buildings! Not ready to interview? Staff will be on hand to answer all your questions about this important role in our schools or to reserve a time for a future interview.
Open Paraprofessional openings include:
- General Education (Part-Time 3 days per week)
- General Education (Part-Time 4 days per week)
- General Education (Part-Time 5 days per week)
- Special Education (Full-Time)
- English Learners(Full-Time shared with another building)
Make plans to join us on Monday, August 21, from 4-6 at any Ankeny elementary school building.
NEW! Security Practices – Please Read
One of the great things about Ankeny Schools is the community’s support of our athletics and activities. These events bring thousands of people together to celebrate the achievement of students. Because security is of utmost importance, the district continues to review its practices and identify areas of improvement at such events. As a result, we will be implementing some new security measures this Fall for our activities and events.
Security practices that will continue:
- Grades 6-12 must wear school ID while at the game
- Footballs are not allowed
- No baby powder, confetti, signs, noisemakers
- No weapons (real or look-alike)
- The North gate will remain secured at all times unless a team, band, or emergency personnel need access to the stadium
New security practices:
- Families will be encouraged to ensure that students in grades K-5 be accompanied by an adult
- Entrance to the stadium before an event will not be allowed
- There will be no re-entry after leaving the stadium
- Spectators will not be allowed to bring backpacks and large handbags into the stadium; Diaper bags or medical bags are allowed, but are subject to search
- No outside food or drink
- No access without a ticket or pass, including after halftime
These recommendations are the result of numerous conversations with security experts and a review of our current practices. Security can often be at odds with convenience. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our students and spectators. We look forward to cheering on the Hawks and Jaguars with you this Fall.